• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kt266aPro2 Boot Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HoosierDad

I rebuilt my main machine with a K7N2 motherboard/1800+ and freed up my Kt266aPro2 board. I had a spare Duron 600 Mhz CPU that I had originally installed in the 266a that would run at 133x7=933Mhz with no problems. After the rearranging of parts, the KT266a will not reboot itself. To get it to reboot I must power down, pull out the power cord for 10-15 seconds, plug it in and then it will reboot.

When the machines does not want to boot (before pulling the power cord), the hard disk light comes on for approximately 20 seconds, goes out, and then I get a single beep from the motherboard.

Problem occurs no matter what the FSB and multiplier settings are at. Duron unlocked using pencil. Doesn't appear to be a bad pencil job since the problem occurs at every speed setting.

Problem config:
MSI KT266aPro2 mainboard (no raid)
Duron 600Mhz CPU
Crucial PC2100 256MB memory (1 stick)
52x CD-ROM drive
Enlight 300W power supply
GF3 TI200 video card

Before I install the D-bracket, does anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be or will the D-bracket be of any help?

d-bracket may be of some help, though i rarely use mine. have you tryed a different psu or even a different power cable? i would try going step by step starting with the drives if you have spare ram and video crads etc.

Back