• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kd7-raid - very stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pla

This is a great board!
I am very pleased with it.
It reads all 5 bits for the multiplier.
And runs stable as a rock!

Recently upgraded the CPU and I am very happy with board being able to provide the juice needed.

More details about my OC here.

I agree it's a great board and I love mine, it is very stable and has alot of great tweaks, what bios are you running? I just flashed mine to a modified DN.bin.

-mamer

i agree, very stable board, gettin my xp17000 tbred b tomorow.

whats diff about the modded bios, im runnin the CY version at the mo.

Short answer:
Sonny said:
IF you guys are interested I have a modded KD7_DN.BIN from Tmod (BIOSMODS Moderator & Guru) with all the toggles enabled & with the HP2.34BIOS integrated as well.

The KD7_DN.BIN so far isn't available on the International site yet so I am relying on the Abit USA site for details:
  1. Follow AMD's recommendation that "CPU Disconnect Function" should be implemented to make CPU slow down in idle state, and the default value sets up to Enable. TRUE IDLE STATE(like software cooling without the load drag)
  2. Follow AMD's recommendation to revise the trigger timing of LM90 for Palomino CPU(model 6).
  3. Fix the SCSI BIOS malfunction problem when three add-on cards installed together, PCI S3 VGA + GF4MX420 + DC390U3W(at PCI-1).
  4. Supports Barton 2600+(333 FSB)and Thorton2000+(266 FSB) / 2200+(266 FSB) / 2400+(266 FSB) / 2600+(333 FSB).
  5. Revises some CPU frequency(1466,1666,1916,2166)to be AMD officially suggested figures.(1467,1667,1917,2167).
  6. BIOS compile date 4/02/2003.
Now the difference with the modded KD7_DN.BIN BIOS is what Pla quoted.

No, that was my term for it, it's already supposed to be enabled. There is a register that you can modify to enable this, HLT Commands, & is not an option in the BIOS. The trick before was to use WPCREDIT & WPCRSET to set the register after you boot into the OS, it was either that or a hex edit.

Back