• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone every RMA to Asus ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OpenGL

Anyone ever RMA to Asus ?

Just curious , because i just rmad my a7n8x , I live in the same state as where its being shipped. My computer died on me :( I rma both the cpu to newegg and the motherboard to asus. Just like to add that the Asus customer service helped me , no questions asked . :) Asus to the rescue =)

I rma'd one last year, got a replacement back in less than 2 week s from the day I shipped it out. With all the problems their having, it might be a little longer.

Jim

Hello Weasel , thank you for taking the time to reply , Can i ask you why you replaced it in the first place? thank you.

Well, I basically screwed up. Wasn't paying attention and left the jumper on the clear cmos pins when I powered it up. Blew the tiny transistor that controlled the battery power. It wouldn't keep the bios settings after that when power was off to the ps.
The manual says to remove then replace the jumper cap to clear cmos, got in a hurry, and didn't realize that it didn't come that way till it was to late. I sent Asus an email explaining what happened and they took care of it. It was on an A7V266-E board.

Jim

Back