• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rga+ FSB issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Commander_Kang

Speedy Dragon
I got my prometeia/water cooler setup working today with out any leaks or condensation so I'm very happy about that. Ive been able to post and load windows at 2.8ghz with a fsb of 460. The VDD was set to 1.8 and the system would act stable but after running any thing intensly(SP?) the system will become unstable and reboot. I do not have cooling on my mosfets and they seem to get really hot to the point I can't hold my finger on it.I believe this is the sorce of my unstability but I wanted other opinions before I go and buy some ram sinks and try to mount a fan over them.

That could certainly be at least some of the reason for your problem. And it is generally a good idea anyway as the mosfets do indeed get rather warm (at least they do on an 8RDA).

My 8RGA MOSFETs roast. I can't touch them after 10 seconds of on time at 2.0Vcore. I put some ramsinks on them and I used epoxy to attach a 40mm fan to the capacitors on either side. I glued it to the tops of them.

Before I did it I couldn't POST at 2.0v. After the ramsinks I could run it for maybe 10 minutes. After the fan I'm stable indefinitely.

Back