• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Computer Blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zippykid9

yeah, i just got all the stuff i bought for my new computer (still a work in progress) and i put it all together, plugged it in, turned on....

Nothing. nothing except one little red led on the motherboard. no fans, no beeps, no POST screen. i think i put everything in right, i even took out the cpu, ram, video card, unplugged all the cables from the motherboard and from the wall, and i got nothing. so now i turn to you guys for help in hopes i can get this sleeping beauty to wake. here's what i have.

1 1700+ (yeah, one of the bada** ones)
1 nf7 rev 2.0
1 sparkle psu 350 watt
1 stick of hyperx 3200
1 tnt2 w/32megs ram. vanilla, no extras on this card (i could have had svideo out but i didnt want it for a temporary card)
1 slk800
1 weak 80mm fan for cpu
1 shim for cpu
1 80 gig wdse harddrive (not plugged in at the moment though)

please help... i wanna play games and experience the greatness that is a fast computer... dammit i hate my luck!!!

ok folks i solved the problem myself. (stupid me, its always the simple stuff!) i just had the power button wires in the wrong spot. no biggie. system is up and running now. i'll overclock for testing purposes today, but i dont plan to drive it hard or leave it overclocked, because right now as the system is, it really wouldnt do much good anyway. im going to wait until i have a second stick of ram and my r9700pro before i do that. Cheers!

Back