• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid0 crapped out again.even with reg fix :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
it died again today,lasted 4 days i think.i had the registry edit done so it would save everything and not exit windows so fast.

well i was testing my new 9700 and it killed the array big time.no chance of reviving it either.i took everything sata off and im back to ide.im just kinda fed up trying at the moment.

the bad news is this affects me buying the raptors in raid0.as id need to buy a sata raid card and they are $100 or a little more.thats just to much total to invest.im thinking ill just get a good ide raid card for $45 from highpoint and call it a day for now.

abit and silicon image have one big piece of crap stuck on the south end of my mobo.they better come up with a fix soon.

$83 at newegg where you find that price at sonny?
i dont need the adaptors as ill buy raptors but still $83 is still to much investment plus buying 2 raptors.thats about $400 total for all 3 and for $45 i can just buy a ide raid card and run the drives i have.

i just cant think the performance differance justifys spending an extra $350
why i can justify $300 i dont know but that doesnt bother me.its the buying another raid card that bugs me since SI is screwing me.
and yeh asus folks are getting a good rubbing also.

The safest and fastest way I have found to run a RAID / AV type system (you will need 3 drives to do it) is to put Windows on a small partition on IDE 0 / 1 and have an array on "RAID IDE" 0 / 1 set to strip (“0”) if you can try this you may save your self a few $$

yes that would be the safest i agree.but safety usually isnt a big issue with me and raid until i started playing with this silocon image sata raid contoller.

usually ide raid0 is safe enough for me.i dont keep anything of importance but is a pain in the kiester reinstalling every week.ive never had coruption issues like this since i was running a crappy ata33 hdd and windows 98se. high pci busses loved crapping that system out.

sonny ill take a look at pricewatch.but i tend to only deal with reputable places like newegg and maby ill be trying excaliber or monarch out as they both have had the raptors cheap.

Back