• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pci/agp frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q149

well i just got my new 1700+ DLT3C 0308xpmw and daaaamn, i got it up to 2.150gigs stock voltage but now i must spleep. anyway my last cpu was not able to get high FSB because it would crap out too early and now is the first time i can really crank it up and i want to know what is a safe pc1/agp frequency. i think what i have it on now is like 187 fsb 37 pci but i'm not usre, anyway i want to be in the safe zone here and not kill a drive or anything.
thx

A pci above 43 could mess up your hdd. Newer ati cards don't like the agp above 80, but GF4s could go to 88. Nothing is for certain, I'd recommend staying around 190.

I am at 192x12.5 right now. the pci/agp frequency is at 38 and i couild go up to 197i think and be at 39 then it goes to 40. Would i be safe going to 39 or maybe even 40?

i have asus a7v8x
8x Ti4200
1700+

With a 1/5 divider, my HD corrupted almost instantly with a 200MHz FSB. Don't go much higher than 192 unless you're willing to risk almost certain corruption.

I think depends on the drive. My pci is 38 and i haven't had a single hdd prob so far. There's always a risk, but I still think 40 or below is ok. In the end it's how much of a risk you're comfortable with.

Well, i think i'll go for 197/39 when i get my new psu. it was fine at 38

Back