• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS/FedEx vs. USPS/Canada Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroAquaduct

Why do so many vendors insist on using UPS/FedEx? I've always used USPS/Canada Post and I've never had any problems before. It's cheap and convenient.

What are your opinions on shipping with USPS/Canada Post? Is there something bad about them that I don't know?

If you read enough opinions, everybody loves or hates each of the options. UPS and Fedex sometimes don't take good care of your stuff, but USPS quite often loses shipping in their system, and won't even begin to look for things for 30 days. Just recently I had a package sit in Stockbridge Mass. for 10 days until someone decided they knew where Albany was and shipped it on. My own tendency is to ship with whatever one is cheapest at the time.

To me fedex seems alot faster,
Also I dont think I've ever had a box come from fedex that even had a dend in it

But a few from UPS came real messed up, i ordered some bike parts online that came UPS and my handle bars were sticking half way out of the box and the box had 2 small other holes in it, but nothing was damaged so it was all good i guess.

I have had good and bad with UPS, FedEx, USPS.

I had UPS ship a monitor, It started out about 70 miles away(one day service), UPS put it on the wrong truck and it went about 1400 miles one way before they turned it around and sent it back to the place of origin then they sent it on to me(8 working days later)...it was destroyed...the UPS driver said if it was his he would reject it. So I did.

Another difference is all the UPS delivery drivers work for UPS, all the FedEx delivery drivers are private contractors, and the USPS city delivery drivers workers work for the federal government and the rural delivery(out side city limits) drivers are private contractors.

I have received a few damaged boxes from UPS (a couple times the product was damaged) so I prefer not to use them for anything.

FedEx is ok, not much experience with them.

I use USPS Priority mail almost exclusively, never a ding in the box or package, no banged up items ever! For the extra couple bucks it will go all the way across the country in two(2) days.

I like USPS. Cheap. They even give you free boxes. And its convenient. Only problem is that they often lose shipments, which is why insurance and DC is always welcome in the classifieds.

UPS has a tendancy to destroy boxes. I don't know how. But they do. One box my mom got was completely crushed, as if a truck just drove it over. Thank got it only had clothes in it.

Newegg uses fedex. I've never had a problem with them. I just don't know of any locations where I can ship via fed ex. But everything I get is usually at my door quickly and without any damage.

Back