• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accracy of epox temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seal

I have an epox 8k5a2+ and was wandering how accurate its probe temps are.

Thanks
Seal

-using a didital doc with mult. probes, the on-board temp probes that epox provides, reads 3-5 degress higher. So actually you are running 3 to 5 degress cooler.

I have a Prometeia. At the specs in my sig the CPU temp reads 16C in BIOS. The evaporator temp is -35C. The core temp is probably about -15C, going by what others with similar setups get.

Epox temps are generally 8-10C higher than what they are like hrick said up there. Sometimes they are more.

which epox board?

If I remember right wasn't there an Epox board that reads the temp accurately? It might have been the Epox 8k3a. Or is it just all the Epox boards that reads the temp higher. Also what board from Epox do you guys prefer? I'm going watercooling with an Xp1600. Any recommendations?

Most recent Epox boards read the On-die temps(excluding the 8RDA+ and not sure about 8RGA). On-die is more accurate then the Insocket probe and consequently as donny said, about 8-10C higher. At the same time it's important to remember that these temps are entirely accurate. So, 60C on-die would be around the max I would want to go for load temps.

Yeah, generally 8-10C higher is the way the Epox NF2 boards have been reading for me.

Also air or water doesn't matter. The CPU temp probe is in the middle of the socket under the CPU, so it's in a dead air zone all the time.

Back