• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Revision 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mczern

Registered
Hello, and thanks in advance to my question.

I have an a7n8x and was wondering how do i tell the revision of the board? Is there a certain serial or time line of when it was bought I should look at? Thanks again.

P.S. tried searching but to no avail I couldn't find anything :(

you will find the revision number inbetween the pci slots
eg ASUS A7N8X rev 1.04 (thats mine )
the writting is very small ..
hope this helps:D

under the pci slot in very small print there is a revision stamped on the board. I just swapped my revision 1.2 for a 2.0. Booting a little to high overclock wise the board died. Clearing the cmos no go, removeing the battery and clearing cmos no go. Fireing the board up with the 100fsb jumper no go. Removeing the chip and installing a 100 fsb chip no go. Next day the board fires right up. Ill never purchase another asus product again. My abit NF-7S is rock solid and now the asus boards I have are spares.

wow! 2 replies in under 5 minutes nice. Not at home now but will check when I get there, thanks for the info.

Its rock stable also ..............it just wont clock like the Abit. I have never got a dead boot with the Abit board and the buggy crap that asus has put out just frustrates me as I wonder why it took me so long to go Abit. I have two of the Asus boards vcore, vdd, and 5volt modded. The Abit needs nothing with vcore up to 2.3 volts and vdd adjustments also. By the way the 5volt problem is asus specific as the same powersupply runs .6 volts higher on the abit board than it does the asus. As far as loyal Asus owner i think you can ask anyone here how long I have modded Asus boards and stuck by all 12 boards I have purchased from them in the last three years. I was very uncertain that any beneifit would come by going to abit...........That was gone after just a few hours playing with the board. Dont get me wrong I still Like Asus boards.....and will continue to run the three boards I have as the servers, my gameing and heavily overclocked rig will be the Abit and the Asus boards will sit at a slightly lower clock speed as the servers. :D

Last edited:
Ah cool, 1.04 :) I love this board, it's been rock solid and hasn't given me a single hitch yet. Some things could be better but I've liked it so far. Thanks again for the replies.

Back