• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Siren Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xiphias

Registered
I have just finished putting together my new computer but when I boot it up I get a siren and nothing displays on the monitor.

I am using an 8RDA+ board with 2 512mb sticks of TwinX Corsair memory, and athlon XP 2700+ and a saphire radeon 9800. Someone else also reported this problem here

When I tried removing the 133/166 jumper the same problem happened but when I changed the cmos jumper to clear cmos I still got a blank screen but I didn't get a siren and the post code shows CF (the other times it was showing 01).

Any suggestions?

On my FIC AU11 that siren went off when I flashed my BIOS. I just shut down all the way including unplugging the power to clear the ram. I set the CMOS jumper to clear and left it for about an hour. I then rebooted and everything was OK.

Another time for some reason I had to reboot 3 times before the siren shut off but the BIOS was fine. This was after i ran my old RAM wwwaaayyy outta spec. That might be your problem.

Dont know if this will help you.

Dragonprince said:
On my FIC AU11 that siren went off when I flashed my BIOS. I just shut down all the way including unplugging the power to clear the ram. I set the CMOS jumper to clear and left it for about an hour. I then rebooted and everything was OK.

I tried doing that. I didn't get a siren but the error code changed to CF (the manual says this means "check bios read/write functionality")

Dragonprince said:
Another time for some reason I had to reboot 3 times before the siren shut off but the BIOS was fine. This was after i ran my old RAM wwwaaayyy outta spec. That might be your problem.

This was the first time I've tried to run it, I've had no time to overclock or change settings.

Back