• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Intermitting keyboard and mouse..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swiss

I'm having a problem with the keyboard and mouse not working on every other post in the bios on the NF7-S.. Now when I mean post, I mean even the keyboard isn't working useing the delete key to enter the bios.. So I can't get into it (bios) without cycleing the reset switch.. With one push of the reset switch, all is back to normal.. It's not a WinXP problem because it happens even before XP loads. USB ports arn't a factor either.. I'm useing the PS/2 ports for both keyboard and mouse.. About the only thing I haven't tried to do is buy a keyboard and mouse to check the USB to see if it is doing the same thing.. :bang head

Any suggestion would be great for ideas on this problem...

Swiss®

ABit NF7-S
AMD 2400+ AIUCB 0243
Cosair XMS PC3200
GF3 TI200
2 40GB Maxtors 7200 on SATA (Raid 0) Stripping
1 WD 7200 40GB Primary IDE
SwiftTech 462+ with Vantec 80MM at 5700RPM 92CFM

i have the same problem, and the forum at abit has several entries of the same type, all with no answer. anybody else?

Problem still exist

I'm still haveing the problem, I haven't been able to solve it. I'm just dealing with it. I just wait for the BIOS to post then I hit reset switch and all is back to normal. Hope it isn't bad for the BIOs when doing this.

Swiss®

I also had the same exact problem. It went away just as easily as it appeared. I did flash my BIOS to 17 and back to 10. It may have been that. Its weird that it is always every other boot though.

Try BIOS 10 if you can find the one with the SATA fix, otherwise it might be risky.

Back