• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant flash bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

Every time I try to flash the bios it cant read the disk. It says "Disk I/O error, replace the disk , and then press any key" I have made the bootable floppy and it doesn't work. I have tried 2 floppies and one is brand new. I have tried 2 cables and one is brand new. The cable is in right and the drive is getting power. Please help me.

Replace the drive, maybe? Many are faulty.

Or keep on trying... I remember having to go through about 10 or so disks before I got a successful Redhat installation floppy.
The quality of floppies these days just isn't very good.

Does it read the floppy ok within windows?, if not then I would recommend replacement as floppy drive quality is crap, they haven't advanced like other components.

-mamer

I got it to flash, I used a 98se boot disk and then inserted the bios disk and ran award flash from there. It worked but the bios still thinks my 2500 barton is an 3100+. This NF7-S really is a piece of crap, I have had problems with the raid, with SATA single drive, higher front side bus and now this. I should have bought the ASUS!

Back