• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HEHE, Got a waterfountain

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo_fx

HEHE, Got a drinking fountain PHASE-CHANGE begins

Has a compressor and all the goodies for $20 bucks, in theory it is a water chiller shouldn't be too hard :) ill show you some pic's

Last edited:
gonna need some help on what exactly to do now?? lol I've read through some guides have a basic understading, i just wonder if this being a water fountain will it be easier to make a chiller :)

i figure it has some sort of res. in it and if so this will be pretty easy, ill try to get some pics up tonight after i tear it down

seems like the compressor get very hot then shuts off? does this mean that it got to the temp and then shuts down? or what?

Voodoo_fx said:
seems like the compressor get very hot then shuts off? does this mean that it got to the temp and then shuts down? or what?

put a fan to it to see what happends:rolleyes:

duh, i wanted to know if this is normal? how hot should the compressor be in a normal environment 70F

ok the chiller turns a bucket of burning hot water ice cold just going through the cycle :)

Last edited:
its big :) I am having problems with the way this setting works though

there is a box that has a screw and it says to turn counter-clockwise to get colder but it doesn't seem like it is working right

Heh, I needa find something like that to mess with... I don't even have thermal goop on my cpu and I got an extra 100MHz (needa unlock upper multi's)...

blah... some people get all the luck.

-Frank

welp i about killed my CPU with it, damn insulation about set it off, im retiring it till i get experience with this all

SpaceRangerJoe said:
is the compressor loud? most of the waterfountains ive seen are stupidly loud.

pics would help a lot for a diagnosis.

That's because of how disgustingly quick they cool off water... generally they freeze the water and let it sit, insulated. I'm sure that would be adjustable...?

-Frank

Re: HEHE, Got a drinking fountain PHASE-CHANGE begins

Voodoo_fx said:
Has a compressor and all the goodies for $20 bucks, in theory it is a water chiller shouldn't be too hard :) ill show you some pic's

Thats funny i just got one too.

i will get a digi cam today, but yes it is sorta loud, it rattles though the compressor sits on a stand that is spring loaded so it has some movement to it, the damn thing ways a ton, and it has a big container in a box that is insulated already. The container is where the water is stored and it has the coils aka evaporator wrapped around it alot, and they get cold as hell, but no frost. There is a box that you can use a screw to get it colder and colder, but i need to do some testing because i can't get it to work right, I believe there is only so far you can turn but its not labeled clearly. I will try to take some pictures but basically there is a nipple on the bottom of the canister where the pump pumps up and I cut off the nozzle where you drink and epoxied on another nipple, but the problem is that it is maybe a 3/8 tubing, smaller i believe so the flow is cut way down, but i cant find out where it reduces to try to make it bigger. Im thinking about just putting a small radiator into my current water cooling res, im not sure about condensation though as it gets all over the pipes that are hooked up now, but i think if I put the rad in my res. it won't cool it so far down the I have to protect against condensation

It does cool very hot water quick, i can fill a res witht he pump in it with burning hot water, fire it up and wait about 5 min and then turn the resivoir pump on and the water coming out is ice cold :)

Back