• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a usb ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
Hey guys, I got my 8k3a as a refurb a long while back, suddenly wanted to use the usb ports and they dont work, I tried to enable them in the bios, enable different ones and whatnots and still no luck with them. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Im gonna try to find the software for the mobo, maybe I didnt install it way back when I reinstalled windoze.

does anyone have any ideas how to get them working? Im hoping to not have to buy anything.

Thanx
Jon

onboard ones... There could be something wrong with the mobo.

some people have had the usb controller crap out on them when they overclocked above 185mhz fsb.

since your board is a refurb, however, i'm willing to bet your onboard usb is dead. however, before you go out and buy a new usb 2.0 card, check to make sure your usb controller is not having any irq conflicts with anything else, and also make sure you have the usb filter driver installed.

my rev. 1.0 board arrived with DOA onboard sound, but that wasn't a big loss.

Back