• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JazztrumpetJND

well i just got home from vacation and my dad uses his computer installs a windows update, reboots and walks away. then he goes to use it like an hour later and it doesnt do anything. now im stuck i have no idea what is wrong. i built the machine so its not like i dont kno anything. it just does nothing tried reconnecting like everything. there is an LED on the mobo so i think it is getting power but absolutely nothing happens when u hit the power switch. any suggestions would help.

thx
jason

o in the frenzy i forgot to say that i have a p4s533 motherboard with a 2.4 P4 it was overclocked but hasnt been for at least a month.

It sounds like your power supply may have died. The best way to check is to remove all cards except the video. Also, disconnect all drives. Check to see if it posts. If not, remove the ram. See if it begins to start up and beeps showing no ram. If nothing, then remove the cpu and repeat. If nothing, then, you have either a bad mobo or a bad power supply. Try to test the power supply in another computer. If you don't have another computer then go buy another power supply (it's cheaper than a mobo). If that doesn't work, then the mobo is bad.

Back