• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT400 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sòmines

Registered
Hi all, first post on the forum (well in fact this is the second as the first one didn't appeared... I hope so).

Do I have any chances of hitting the 200 Mhz. FSB with the KT400 chipset and PC2700 brand memory ?

The mobo could only give a max. of 2.65v to the ram, is this enough?

Thank You,
Sòmines.

Im sure it's possible to hit 200 fsb with a KT400, but since there is no PCI lock, your PCI bus will be way out of whack, which can cause HD corruption and a lot of other problems. Also the 2700 ram isn't going to do you much justice. I think that with the 1/5 divider that the KT400's offer...the highest *safe* fsb is around 190Mhz.

well up at 192fsb the pci frequency is at 38 193-197 is 39 and after that is 40... seems like people try to stay away from 40 and i was scared to go to 39 but i would have tested that tonight, if only my psu didnt die on me

I would say no, because it only has a 1/5 divider. I could only get 172 stable on my A7V8X. I cant wait for my NF7-S to come in. Hopeing to get over 220 on that.

Well i don't think it was the board holding you back... either something else or your settings.
i had mine up to 192 easily and i think i will go for 197 but i need a new psu. I don't think i would even attempt 198+ though.

The mobo has a jumper for 200FSB (100-133-166-200).
It's the aopen AK778X and it says somewhere that supports 200 Mhz. FSB, but I have seen people talking **** about that mobo.

I don't have the memory yet, so I will try it tomorrow.
Thank you for the answers.

Is it possible to hit 200MHz/400FSB on a KT400 chipset whith only a 1/5 Divisor?

KD7-RAID + XMS3500C2PT

WCPUID.gif

It takes a bit of effort to get there..... a whole lot of effort.

i've been running a 200Mhz FSB on the KT333 chipset with PC2700 for about 2 months now. i had to mess with some of the ram timings but it's lived through plenty of stability tests and gaming. i'm running RAID stripping too, no curruption at all.

i haven't had first hand experiance with the KT400 but my guess is it will probably be fine.

I doubt it... I set my FSB to 200 just for kicks and my Deskstar got corrupted after booting Windows the first time.

Right now I'm running at 185, no problems whatsoever... I've gone to 188 stably but stayed back from anything higher after that incident.

I have an abit be-6 with a celery 333a; I've pushed the bus to 83mhz with a 1/2 divider (that's 41.5 PCI) without any problems... it uses a PCI SCSI card, though, so I guess that's why I avoided corruption.

Back