• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-900-U and SY-KT400 Ultra Plat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The VTech

Captain Bawls
Is anyone using a 900-U on their board yet? Does it fit? It's not listed on the compatable chart at Thermalright but I dont' want to spend $50 on a heatsink that I can't use ya know?

Thanks in advance.

I have the SLK-900-U and a Vantec Tornado 92mm with a Nexus controler and I had to bend the caps on the left side of the socket. I was freakin out when I was doing it, but I jsut went slowly and after a few minutes of carefully pushing, i got the heatsink to sit level. If you're willing to bend the caps a little get it. It cools excellently for me, so I say go for it.

Hmmm... how much did you have to bend them? Happen to have a camera to post a screen shot??

Thanks for the info though regardless if you can or not. VERY good to know.

Sorry about the delay in response, but no I don't have a digital camera so i can't show you how far you need to bend the caps but in my opnion it was borderline on too much for my comfort.

LOL. I just looked at a brand new kt400 platinum and those caps are soldered flat. You must of pulled the wires out of place inside the caps a little to bend them.

If you can solder there is some tail on the pins and you can heat up the solder and push the pins up.

That should give you plenty of pin to bend them over with.

Those caps have acid inside. If you didn't pull the pins out too much you should be ok. But you might want to inspect them every once in a while to see if they are leaking at the bottoms.

Don't be scared to replace them if they leak. Just read the sides for voltage, uf, and polarity or take it to a TV repair shop and ask them to solder on some new ones. Caps are real cheap.

Look up electronic stores in the yellow pages. Or radioshack it.

Back