• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S POST Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hravn

Yesterday when I finally got all the pieces to my new computer I was dying to assemble it...

Complete spec:
1700+ JIUHB 0308
NF7-S v2.0
SLK-800
2x512 Corsair XMS3500
Antec LANBOY (350W Antec TrueBlue)
Sapphire 9700Pro AIW
2x 180GB IBM HDs (not connected so far)

I started to build everything on the motherboard sitting on it's anti-static bag outside of the case. I was just going to use one stick of RAM + cpu + graphics card to make sure that everything worked ok so far...

I attach power to the card and the red diod lights up.

I press the power button and the fans starts and runs for like 2 seconds and then powers off.

This made me a bit confused, so I start to remove everything, RAM, graphics card and so on until it works, seems like it has to do with the extra power cable to my AIW card. If that one is connected, I get this symtom of 2 second fanspin... if you remove it the fans start and continue to run... (the green diod lights up as well). Tried the card in two other computers and the same thing happend there. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Is it the power supply that is too weak to support the AIW card? (Even though you would think that it could support a 1700+ at default spec and an AIW card).

Unfortunally the problems didn't end here.. since the graphics card was behaving a bit strange, I switched it for an old PCI card.
This didn't go particularly well, the fans start and continue to run but I get no beeps from the PC-speaker and just a black screen on the monitor.. (Both PCI card and monitor tested, and they work)

I've tried clearing CMOS, tried with different RAM (Generic PC2100), switched to different DIMM slots, tried without RAM, without graphicscard but I never get any beeps...

Plz help.. ;)

I had similar issue when I installed my new tbred b in my already running NF7. Hit the power button only gave me 2seconds os green led a nd fan spin and halt. It could be 3 things. first, defective components. Did you tried with another PSU? Second, could be any kind of shortning. Try to run your board over the cardbox, not over that plastic. The final try: Put everything in place. Power your board but don't turn it on. Wait 15 minutes the finaly hit the power button. Idid the trick for meh...

Thanks for the help.. I think it is the power supply, amazingly enough it seems like my Antec SmartBlue 350W PSU cannot power my NF7-S w/ 1700+ at stock settings if you connect the second power (P4) cable to the motherboard... also, the issue with the AIW card seems to be related to the PSU as well...

The AIW card works fine in a rig with a 360W Chieftec PSU. Go figure... ;)

Yeah! Look at meh, really helping peep! And I was asking for help another day! Oh, how grow up I'm now! LOL!!! Time to kick 2.3ghz out this lazy slug...

Back