• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rdar+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vibrantred94gt

Registered
8rda+

I am getting one of these boards and have a couple questions.

1 I have corsair xms 2700 memory. Is this going to hold me back from the 200 mhz fsb range?

2. I have read this board does not like the corsair xms. Is this problem solved or is it just the dual channel it doesn't like.

Should I get another xms 2700 for the dual channel? What should I do here?

One last question.

Will a gforce 4 mx440 hold me back in the overclock at all?

Also, my card is agp 4x, will that work with the agp 8x?

I got the 1700 b core, from excaliber.

Oh yea, most important, what version (revision) should I make sure that I have when I buy this board?

why not the 8rga that has vdd adjustment in the bios but anyway

1. I think that you might maybe possible get around 190 with ram rated to run @ 166.
2. There is newer bios that is suspose to fix the conflict with cosair mem.
3. IF you can get the a1 c1 stepping on the NB you will be ok but for overclocking I would go with the 8rga due to the fact it has vdd adjustment in the bios or wait untill the 8rda3 come's out.

If you are looking for 3dmark scores yes the mx card will hold you back but as fair as system stability no because the new nforce board have pci lock which locks the agp, pci, hard drive bus to it set spec's.

Back