• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SVCity ? Anyone know whats the deal with them ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amd_Fanatic

Registered
I get this e-mail from a company called SVCity ? I was like WTF is this ? And they claim cheaper prices then SVC so I check them out and I have to say I am not impressed with there website. I scoot on over to SVC.com and read the following that infers that SVCity.com is not on the straight and narrow. Quote from SVC.com website.

*NOTE* *BEWARE* It has come to our attention that there may be a cheap imitation of our store on the internet. The real SVC, Silicon Valley Compucycle, would like to officially state that we are NOT in any way affiliated with nor condone doing business with this web store. We will not guarantee or warranty any products or services provided or offered by this company. They are currently guilty of several acts of copyright infringement, trademark infringement and other unethical business practices. These acts have also been noticed by www.pcabusers.com and other reputable and well recognized review sites. These sites have officially posted warnings to the computer enthusiast community regarding the questionable nature of this website. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

has anyone else got a advertisment e-mail from SVCity and what is your take on this ? I am very very leery SVCity and wanted affirmation or dismissal of my gut instincts. I went over to http://www.pcabusers.com/ and they basically slam SVCity.com with some harsh comments about copyright and such. Clue me in and share your thoughts.

Looks like SVC will have a lawyer in court this week. The copycat site LOGO does indeed look alot like svc.com. I dont know enough about copyright laws but the name is different. I dont know if SVC will be able to win in court.

BTW no email ads.

I just went throught the same thing, svcity email....wtf...i check svcity... looks like crap....i check the real SVC... see the notice on the front page.

stay away from these con artists.(svcity)

SVC rules!

Yeah I got this spam as well.

Just another fly-by-night company looking to get your money, hoping you will think that they are someone else.

rofl, i like how they have SVC exactly like the real svc then real small "ity" heh

Wow, it's obviously a copy. It's very easy for a noob to think that's the SVC that most people talk about. I think SVC has a real case here if they're planning legal action.

Maybe I should open a store called "Neweggg.com." LOL ;)

with the name SVC - yes they can sue them, our company peopel can not use 2 words with in a certian amoutn of words between each other.

so SVC coult nail them as the name clearly includes another companies name.

now, if they did like SV-City that would be harder. Feel sorry for anyone who fell for that site.

Back