• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce 2 ultra. when and what

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

I heard it'll have sata built in and gigabyte ethernet, but I'm not sure, jw if any one knows', and when I'll see this on the market?

thanx

I wish I knew man, I'm waiting on one myself. I think I read somewhere within a month. I'm really wanting a Chaintech board with it. Those accessories it has are incredible, but nForce 2 (plain) has been out too long. Anyone have any idea when?!

anyone have any info on it period, like what improvements it has?

or release date

or both 'n I'll luv u :D

I sent an email to Chaintech asking them if they were planning on making a Zenith version of the NF2 ultra. I'll let you know what i find out.

Excellent! The higher FSB support just being a bios update doesnt sound accurate.
about to release new motherboards with new SPP silicon and a new MCP revision S4
Sounds like new chips to me. I would expect that we'll start seeing reviews of these possibly as early as Friday or next Monday. But I have to admit,
Nvidia saw more potential in thes chipsets and as these boards will be quite overclockable, they will be able to reach 450 to 500MHz FSB.
I'll believe that when I see it.

the one thing I don't understand from the article is if this is a new chip entirely, with any other new features, or just an update.

like will boards be advertised with the nforce2 ultra chipset, and be new boards, with others still just having the nforce2

I dunno, any got thoughts on it?

I don't expect it to be an entirely new chip. It may have some new instructions added to support the ridiculously high FSB that they claim, and I think the MCP-T chip will be revamped, but the overall core of the nForce2 should probably remain the same. X-bit had this article:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/chipsets/display/20030425140804.html

that primarily talks about the tuned down version of the board, but briefly mentions the specs of the nForce2 Ultra 400.

so really the only benifit seems to be a possible insane clock?

other than that I havn't seen much...

I don't know why anyone should be skeptical about that 450-500 fsb... why not? it boggles my mind just to think of the technolagy that was avaiable a year ago compared to today.... faster and faster we will go. why not up to 500fsb?

on a cpu core that was built around what? 333 I think.....

it'd be the sexors, thats for sure ^_^

Good thing I just returned one of my PC2100 sticks. I'm gonna need some PC3700 if these things are running 450-500 fsb...

newegg couldnt replace my kingston stuff so they gave me $43 credit for it. I'll sell the other and buy new ones.

Now to RMA this current motherboard...;)

Back