• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ NB cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AGampher

If I don't overclock :eek: is there any reason to change the fan setup on the NB? Later, if i decide to overclock I can change it, but for the moment is it sufficient for cooling at stock levels?

Thanks

Also...as an afterthought...

I am trying to decide what RAM to purchase for this board, pc3000 or pc3200. I noticed on both the Epox website and at newegg that they both say it supports 3200, but nowhere does it say anything else BUT that. I am assuming that it supports 3000, but I just wanted to make sure.

Last edited:
hi there, here we go

If I don't overclock
are you human?:rolleyes:

is there any reason to change the fan setup on the NB?
Yes to cool things down more, cooler=better:)

Later, if i decide to overclock I can change it?
Yes you can

but for the moment is it sufficient for cooling at stock levels?
yes its suffiecient because it was design to cool just a stock, so you should not worry, and remember not all chip sets get hot, many members report that the're are cool ;)

You are welcome

Also...as an afterthought...
no problem

I am trying to decide what RAM to purchase for this board, pc3000 or pc3200. I noticed on both the Epox website and at newegg that they both say it supports 3200, but nowhere does it say anything else BUT that. I am assuming that it supports 3000, but I just wanted to make sure.
ok, your mobo can support up to pc3700 because thats the highest, remember that pc2100-pc3700 are ddram sticks they are the same, the only difference its that some are faster than other and are name based on the speed they are capable to run @,

well corsair pc3200 are great, I bought some pc3200 twinmos two 256mb sticks in order to have dual mode:D on a a78nx I was able to run them @234 2-2-2-4 with 3v

but as always try to get the best ones you can so they don't limit your overclock...and make sure you get it from a good seller, always check http://www.resellerratings.com/ to make sure you get it from a nice place that is won't give you issues later:D

good luck

N

Last edited:
Back