• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Caterwood with 1.8A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedSkull

WIll I be able to run my 1.8A(vid modded) and stable at >145FSB on the Canteroowd boards (specifically the ASUS or ABIT)

or does it recognize it at a 400FSB chip and will only allow 400FSB mode even though it will run in 533+fine?

you will have to run it as 133fsb or higher,iam guessing when you put it in its gonna auto go to 133fsb giving you a 2.4ghz,also just some input i would stray away from asus their quality is down the tubes since the p4s8x and they have made one good mobo since the p4pe,go abit,aopen,giga

some of the new canterwoods will run 400 fsb chips... most are setup for 533-800 fsb.. youll have to check the specs on the one u want to buy...

i have 1.6a would abit ic7 work with this chip?

thx for th ehelp

dr0p0ut

I read jus this morning that the Canterwoods won't run the 400's, just the 533's and 800's, but, the springdales will when they come out.

Ride

thx. i was really looking forward to ic7. now it look i better pickup
is7 instead.

should have bought 2.4 instead of 1.6a..

dr0p0ut

Back