• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacing nb hsf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wibarm

well the fan on my nb hs is dying and making annoying noises... so i'm gonna be replacing it before too long, i'm running a 186 mhz fsb, so do you think a large passive heatsink would do the job allright?

also does any one know where i might find one? i saw a linkto one awhile ago but havn't been able ot find it again tonight.

i could throw waterblock on it, but if a heatsink will do the job fine i'd rather do that.

it's 7vaxp rev 1.1

Here's a thought for you, I have the VAX (1.1) and the NB is cooler without the fan on. Mind you I do have my processor fan hanging over the edge of my SLK800 blowing onto it.

I do think a large long fin HS will do a better job providing you have decent case flow.

thanks for the input, my case flow pretty bad a tthe moment... i'm redoing my w/c setup ina couple weekends to improve that... at the same tiem i'll porbably get a long fin hs for teh NB since i'm pulling everything apart and it slooks liek you gotta remove the nb hsf from the rear of the motherboard.. but i didn't look too closey just glanced in the window...

Back