• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH7 vs. IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ixijustinixi said:
Which one would you choose to be your new motherboard?

no contest....the IC7

it's the last mobo you'll need till 2005

great for 533 cpu's and works for the new 800mhz chips...
plus early prescots will also work on it.

use a 533 cpu for full bandwith at every FSB OC you can muster.

mica

Ec]-[oMaN said:
2005 y you say that,when is the tejas chip suppose to come out???and when do you think it will hit the streets?

DDRII will not hit untill the very end of 2004...maybe 2005.

that's when you'll see tejas for real... as far as I'm conserned.

mica

IC7 would be a very great board if it had LAN integrated. The BH7 is much cheaper as well, and the dual channel DDR is only about 10% adventage, experts say...

I just bought the BH7 and love it. It is cheap, has great onboard sound, LAN, ect. and is the best overclocking board I've ever owned.

Csybe said:
IC7 would be a very great board if it had LAN integrated. The BH7 is much cheaper as well, and the dual channel DDR is only about 10% adventage, experts say...

Only 10%.
I thought all the benchs im reading in the reviews have it 100% better than the PE in the memory zone.
So if the new chipsets are only 10% max difference overall, whats the point of upgrading now if at all till 2005 or whatever, other than for the better other stuffs like southbridge, sata. You still be able to run a 800fsb chip with both boards in the future, but then again the ic7 will go further.
hmmmm. maybe right now is not a good time, but any time later is losing time. grrrrah

Back