• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't hit 200 or higher!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzy

I just got my new ram and have been desperately trying to get the nice lookin 200 fsb :( I can't seem to get it though, I tried everything, except for mods.

I have CPU Interface set to aggressive, I have tried raising the vcore to the highest, tried aggressive timings, optimal timings, tried 6-2-2-2 and 6-3-3-2 but no go. I have it currently set to 200 FSB but it moves it down for some reason to 199 :(

So every time I try 202 or higher, it usually freezes at the starting windows screen, the black screen wit hthe white loading bar and it freezes right at the end when its all filled(Win2k)

So I am guessing I need to do some sort of mod which I dont know how to do and will probably mess up :p Oh well hopin someone can give me some other alternative :D

Check sig for other info I might have forgotten.

*EDIT* holy god did u see new BIOS update for rev 2 boards, they upped FSB to be able to reach 300 mhz! :eek: :drool:

*EDIT #2* seems that running it at 200 FSB sets it to default settings for some strange reason, so I went to 199 or 98 and that froze in windows, so now I went to 196 and it all seems very well, but my bandwith isnt 3000 :'( Its at 2965 or something around that

Last edited:
Are you running three DIMMS of RAM? If so, that may be a problem as it places a large load on the memory bus thereby hindering your overclock. Also, are you sure each and ever stick of RAM you have is able to run at 200MHz (e.g. have you tested each and every one)?

I'd set the CPU interface to Optimal. When I had it at aggressive, it just caused problems.

~THT

Just curious. DO you have the memory is slot one and three or two and three? If you have the memory in slot one and two, it will not work correctl;y.
Thoughts of a newbie...

i have one in each slot, i read on the nforcehq forums that you can run at 200 mhz by working around the faulty bios, but it doesnt work for me. :(

I can understand your frustration. I have the revision 1.04 with the 1003 bios. I was under the guise that if I used PC3500 Corsair Memory I would rock and roll big time. So hey what the hell, I bought 2-512 meg sticks of the XMS exxtreme (434mhz)and rolled with it. I can not for the life of me get it to do anything other than plain 200 fsb or 133 fsb.
I feel like I got it in the area below the kidneys and above the kness and not even a reach around. Wowo there went $600.00 USD in memory..
:(

Try only running two sticks rather than three. There could be a single stick that's faulty and thereby limiting you.

Skydiver, when and where the heck did you buy the memory? You got ripped off if you paid $600 for 1GB of Corsair XMS3500.

~THT

ive tried everything, and when i set it to 200 fsb it says 199 in bios loadup, but in windows it says 166 and at 1.8 ghz at 11 multi. Someone told me to turn off fsb speed spectrum because it automatically turns on at this fsb option, but it wont let me disable it it just sticks at .50 and making me mad :( I am so never getting ASUS again :(

Hey I just noticed, your running 768 megs of ram? Try this if you haven't, put one stick one slot one and one stick of equal (256 x2 or 512 x 2) in slot 2 or 3. Leave one slot open. See if that makes a difference!
However, I feel your pain deeply.

f10 right away? like as soon as i click disable i have to hit f10? ill try it later when i get home, hope it works :D

I am a liitle lost on that also? I have finaaly arranged with my retailer to accept the PC3500 memory back and instead going a step down to PC3200. Of course it is Corsair XMS exxtreme (extreme for expensive) memory.

Actually it was 275.00 for a stick and then a monthy later 245.00 so wh=ith tx around 600. Memory has gone down in prices big time a gain and now it is only like 178. for 512 megs. PowerUP in Houston is my retailer and may not be much longer. Anyone know of a good honest dealer in houston, please let me know.

hey, i seen lotta people mentioning the pencil vdd mod trick, exactly how do u do it? thx!

Back