• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7S5A Pro -- horror!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shunx

I brought a K7S5A Pro home, trying to put together a new computer, and right off the bat I noticed the motherboard's CPU fan socket doesn't work, even though the case fan socket works. I tried to ignore it, but two minutes after I tried installing Windows, the computer shuts down for no reason! It won't reboot properly either. I tried clearing the CMOS a few times, nothing, it won't post. I think it's not the other components since I've since tested them on another computer. I think I might have gotten a lemon...

It sounds like a bad board, can you disable the fan sensor for the cpu, maybe it's set to shutdown if it senses no fan signal from that connector.

mamer said:
It sounds like a bad board, can you disable the fan sensor for the cpu, maybe it's set to shutdown if it senses no fan signal from that connector.

Gee I don't know, but I doubt it, the board should be similar to the K7S5A, which doesn't seem to have such function. Oh and the BIOS gave me CMOS battery low / CMOS error messages initially too! I think it's just a crappy board. I've already taken the system apart and ready to return the board to the store.

Has anyone had experiences returning motherboards? My local stores have no-refund, no-exchange policies, usually RMA only, but I'm not sure about this case since it appears to be defective out of the box.

Turns out the bottom circuit is fried. The vendor blamed it on my fan, even though it's a low airflow fan with 0.05A. RIP... you uncooperative board.

where did you bought the fan ?

can the expert vendor proove it ?

is it working on other board's ?

hope you can still get RMA at the store
if not try ECS just say it doesnt work and you want it replaced
do not explain the fan thing or anything
they probably wont even look at it and throw it away..

good luck

IF ECS will take it, they'll probably sell it to somebody else, lol... the way their boards work.

Good luck trying to return it to ECS... does the board show any signs of physical damage? If it does ECS will NOT take it back.

I know from 1st hand knowledge.

Unfortunately because a wire came loose, the board has become expensive junk.

mannn I cant say enought bad things about this board........... I bought one at frys and got 4 lemons...... had to return it four freekin times.........................................................................................................

I hate that board.... I was so peed by that board I just plunked down another 100 bucks and bought an DFI infinity ad77. not a problem since

ohh yea with ECS you have to send them a email, they have to reply and give you a ticket number then you can call and talk to a live person.

you know I send 4 emails 6 months ago and yet to have a ticket number....................

Back