• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could honey x be the culprit here? help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustymaitland

i bought this k7s5a board off someone for a good price. it was flashed with the honey x bios. a couple of days ago i tried installing win2k on a scsi drive. throw in my win2k startup disks, even did a low level format of the drive. this is what i ran into.

STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoo\System32\ntdll.dll

i figured there might be a chance that the drive was fubar so i decided to try another drive. i am now using a brand new maxtor 40gb 7200/ata133 drive. i get the same stop error. it can't be coincidence that i run into the same stop error. could it? is there something in the setup that i may have overlooked. the only things i have disabled are the onboard sound, lan.
any help would be appreciated.
thank you.

got this from ]here

re: c0000221 Unknown hard error /ntdll.dll
Saturday, April 12, 2003 at 10:09 am
Posted by jahfree [find other messages by jahfree]
I am going thru this right now. I was advised to disable Ultra DMA access on CDRWdrive, which I did, and blue screen went away. go figure. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!

On Monday, September 2, 2002 at 6:22 am, RIch wrote:
>When i startup windows xp, just after the windows xp screen with the blue scrolling
>bar, it goes to a blue screen saying: STOP: c0000221 Unknown hard error \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
>After a reboot, the machine gif the same error. Is this a windows problem or a hardware
>problem and how can i go about fixing it? (Aopen AX4BS Pro)

re: c0000221 Unknown hard error /ntdll.dll
Monday, April 14, 2003 at 10:06 pm
Posted by Philip [find other messages by Philip]
It really helped me. Thanks a lot.

thanks people. realized that one of the win2k startup disks had a corrupted file on it. copied fresh disks and all is golden.
thanks for the responses.

Back