• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x deluxe made to disappoint?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

i have bought this board because it is so famous and classed as one of the best new amd boards along with the 8rda+, nf7-s, and that msi f456-ultra or something (not sure)

i had chosen this one mainly because i saw that tomshardware and many other sites seem to use this board alot for there benchmarks of amd cpus, graphics cards...

but when i had got it i was no very happy with it at all! i got a rev. 1.06 for starters. i did not know anything about the vdd mod when i bought it, and just now realised i can only get up to 1.85vcore, which would make me suffer on o/c. also i have a xp2100+ pally with stepping of AGOIA! and i cant even get 141fsb on it stable! i'm really thinking of returning it, because one of the temp sensers has gone, it shows 124C all the time...

any1 else had such high hopes for this board? and was disappointed? post ur thoughts plz.

Your temp sensor may be set incorrectly. I got that value too when I used the wrong diode. As for the lack of vcore options, that's more of your mistake in research, not Asus' fault. The Pally 2100s don't have a whole lot of OCing headroom so I wouldn't be too quick to blame it. Also, you'll have to take into account the quality of your memory. If it's generic PC2100, it could be the culprit limiting you to 141MHz.

I bought an A7N8X Deluxe the week they came out and I loved mine. I was one of the few who got a board that could do well over 200MHz FSB without a vdd mod on the A3 stepping NB. I replaced it with an 8RDA+ because I wanted more vcore options without having to do a mod as well as the newer NB stepping.

Oh and if you replace that CPU with a Tbred, you probably won't want to run higher than 1.85 so you should be fine in that event.

~THT

I've had 2 of these boards and loved them both (still have 1) Mine did 195 out of the box, but required a fan on the northbridge to hit 200. I couldn't go over 200 until I tried that "uber" bios. Since then I've been running 210. The vcore setting hasn't really bothered me since my chips don't don't benefit from anything more than 1.9 volts. I really like the sound quality on this board, especially with the latest sound storm drivers from nvidia - simply the best onboard sound I've ever heard. Stability has been awesome with this board. I run Seti 24/7 and I've never had a reboot or crash, period.

I have an A7N8xDeluxe also and it's the best motherboard I've owned. Was able to get up to 213 FSB with stock NB heatsink. My temperature sensor is working fine and there's no point in me going over 1.85 vcore since I use air cooling.

Last edited:
No, its not just you. For every person that loves it, there is one that has been plagued with problems.

Back