• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any way to get a 13.5 multi on K7N2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinetySix

Registered
i picked up a jiuhb 1700+ and it certainly clocks a lot better than my old 2200+ did...

but due to my crappy ram, i cant really go past 166fsb :(

is there any way in hell i could get access to a 13.5 multiplier??? cause even with the latest 3.4 bios revision it still only offers upto 13x multiplier, which dosnt even work by the way!!!!!!!

i sent a email to msi asking them for more multi's in the next bios, but hopes arnt high :(

I have the same board and can get 193fsb using pc2100 ram (soon to be pc3200:D ) Just change the cpu/mem ratio to 4:3 or 5:4.you can find this setting under "advanced chipset features.

ive tried that using 6:5 which makes my generic PC2700 run at about 160mhz, with about 192fsb ..any higher and it craps itself during prime95, not sure if that means memory at fault or CPU

what voltage have you got your cpu set to? i have to set mine to like 1.75v (which really puts out around 1.85v) for it toeither post, get into windows, or not reset every time i put it under load

and obviously its a tbred-a ...but what kind?

another thing... ive found that although pcmark2002 says my cpu is stronger with a fsb closer to 200 and a multi of 10.5-11.5, it still scores better in 3dmark2001 with a lower total clock speed using 12.5x166!!

meaning you set it to 1.8 and got 1.8 volts? if i set mine to 1.8 it runs between 1.87 and 1.9v

the new bios is handy, cpu temp readings dropped 20c

so how does your cpu fair running prime95 with your fsb at 193?

and what brand is your current pc2100?

I am actually reading vcore @1.83-1.9V. Dont trust the new temps either. They are justa bit to low. I have been folding for about a week at that speed and running sandra benchies. It runs well at those speeds. And I have just some el cheepo no name mem at the moment. Will have my GEIL pc3200 256x2 by about fri.:D

Hmmm fair enough

just the thing that throws me off is the poor benchmarking performance with a high fsb...

i mean a higher fsb and higher total clock speed should have more oomph right!

running at 166x12.5, temps never seem to get past 36-38c with my volcano 7+, and with 192-200fsb it seems around 40-41c is the highest it will read

it might read a little under now, but it was certainly way over before. theres still plenty of room before you start doing damage to your cpu ... but cooler=better :)

ok found a way to get it, take your recently aquired xp1700 ...

get a 5v battery or use the leads comming out of your PSU... and attach pins to the + and - wires

look at the L3 bridges on the CPU ... and if you touch the pins to both contacts on the 3rd and 5th bridges for a few seconds and a little *pop* ... and you have a default multiplier of 13x ...how ever all other multipliers are now unavailable on a K7N2 :\

pop the first one and you'll get a 13.5x multiplier

handy if you got crappy ram i guess

Back