• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB Cooling Really Improve O/Cing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

Hey guys, right now I've got an Epox 8RDA with the stock NB cooler. I want to crank up the FSB but I've stopped at 185 for the moment. I tried booting with 200, which it does, but then it blue screens when Windows starts to load. I noticed that the Epox cooler doesn't really make good contact with the NB because of the fins... if I were to go with a Vantec Iceberq on the NB do you think I'd actually see any positive results? I doubt it would make 200 stable, but would I possibly get some more mhz out of the FSB? Thanks!

Wouldn't hurt to try. We all know that the nb nforce2 runs very hot, so cooling would most likely give some improvement. All i can say is to just try it. I've done it, and many other people on the board have too. I'd say try it. You have nothing to lose other than $10 or so.

fubulg6000 said:
Wouldn't hurt to try. We all know that the nb nforce2 runs very hot, so cooling would most likely give some improvement. All i can say is to just try it. I've done it, and many other people on the board have too. I'd say try it. You have nothing to lose other than $10 or so.

Since you've already done it, did it help run at a higher FSB speed?

Back