• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i mod my maze 3 for evaporater?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

If a braze a copper top onto my maxe 3, will it make a good evaperator? I have been reading about these dual layer ones so i dont know which is the best to use? mod mine or make a custom one?

well its too early to tell really... not enough tests have been made as far as I know. You want as much surface area as posible in a evap and h2o blocks are just not made for that. So yea a costum made evap would prolly work better then a maze 3.

Hey Warlord I got my compressor now and i am looking for a condensor, is the bigger the condensor the better? or do i have to calculate my components to get a certain size?

well bigger the condensor just means you wont need as many fans on it. You really cant get too small or too big unless you try to lol. Anything at rparts.com would work fine.

so somthing that could fit 2 x 120mm fans on side is kewl? DO i have less chance of liquid making it back to the compressor with a larger condensor?

Last edited:
also Warlord lol im full of questions, If i buy a good quality TX valve will this control the flow of refridgerant for when the cpu idles and then loads so i dont get any liquid flowing back into the compressor? Or do ppl have more sucess with the lil tubing instead?

the TEV valves arn't made for such a small amount of watts that these cpu are putting out so dont go that route, capillarys are much better if you dont need to take away that many watts. A condensor that fits 2 120mm fans will do just fine, see if you can get it in more than one layer as that will be even better and could help your temps a tad. You are on the wrong side of the compressor for liquid slagging to take place, and that only happens when you overcharge the unit.

using a multi-layer block will probably increase performance quite a bit. I would check out phaze-change.com see if you can find more information there. If you come up with what you need, learn what you need to learn, I can help you a little on the block:)

Jon

Back