• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few questions about Vapochill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ge|atinousFury

I'm planning on getting a Vapochill this Summer, and I have a few questions for anyone who's ever owned one/knows anything about them. Any help is appreciated!!!

1. How long will the actual Vapochill components (compressor, condensor, evaporator, etc.) last? I hope it lasts me a good while...
2. Are things of this sort high maitenance? What all maitenance is required and how often?
3. This is kind of an extension to question 2, but how often do you have to add to/replace the refrigerant?

Thanks!

hi there I might be able to help you;)

I'm planning on getting a Vapochill this Summer

good:D

1. How long will the actual Vapochill components (compressor, condensor, evaporator, etc.) last? I hope it lasts me a good while...

how long does a air conditioner last, with care it should last it a longggggg time ;)

2. Are things of this sort high maitenance? What all maitenance is required and how often?

not hight maitenance, maybe one day cleaning the condeser, thats all

3. This is kind of an extension to question 2, but how often do you have to add to/replace the refrigerant?

well you don't add refrigerant because the system reuses it, and it doesn't waste it:)

replace the refrigerant is optional for some people that want lower temps, but because if you are not experience somethings bad could happend, you can't use r12, or r22 because the vapo doesn't use mineral oil needed for r12 and r22...

ex.

bowman wrote
well yes you could use 404a but.....i am not sure the condensor well be able to handle the heat.404a is actually a blend of 3 differant refridgerants..r125 44% /143a 52% / 134a 4% these together make up r404a.boiling at -46.6c .now this stuff is great but it puts off alot of heat in the exchange (compression)process.now if you have access to it, go ahead and try it.nothing to lose as long as you watch the high side and check the condensor and make sure it handles the heat good.if the condensor cannt handle the heat it might run hotter in the evaperator than the r134a did..the vapo i have here is the same as yours and i am not sure how it will do.but try it you wont hurt anything.
good luck

in summary its some times just to leave it alone because it doesn't actually need it, and it seen that you don't have much knowledge about refrigerations, so in short leave it alone and it should last you many years to come:cool:

N

one more question....lol

what about heat disperment from the case? is it hotter around a vaporchill case? more than say....water cool or high end fans system?

And I assume you can change the cpu block when new sockets come out just like a water cool set up?

Thanks

what about heat disperment from the case? is it hotter around a vaporchill case? more than say....water cool or high end fans system?

That much different there, its kindoff the same, I can't tell the difference in heat;)

And I assume you can change the cpu block when new sockets come out just like a water cool set up?

VC_explodedCPUkit.gif

check the pic, the only thing that changes between the p4 and amd system is the holding adapter, thats all, you can't or shouldn't change the cpu block for several reasons,

1. you will lose the refrigerant, without it you can't cool
2. you might had to replace the capillary tube and making a block is a little hard if you don't have the proper tools;)
3. need to charge up the system again, needing tools ect...

the bad thing is that if they don't make a new adapter for a new mobo, then you will have to make it yourself:eek:

But they shouldn't have a reason, why not do it, if they don't do it, it would hurt their image:D

well good luck,

N

Back