• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest CPU in KX7-333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scg

Registered
Hi, sorry if this has been asked a million times but what's the fastest CPU I can get in my mobo? I'm guessing it will be the 2400 if the board cannot go higher than 266fsb, but is there a BIOS update to allow it to go higher?

I currently have a XP2000, would it be worth getting the 2400? It's only cheap and I would probably overclock it a bit too. Does the 2400 run cooler than the 2000 or did I read something wrong?

Cheers.

Here ya go:

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/kx7.htm

B6 bios

1. Support Athlon XP 2400+, 2600+ CPU. Please be noted that Athlon XP 2400+ and 2600+ CPU need AMD certified heatsink; otherwise, the system will be quite unstable or even fail to boot up. Please check AMD recommended CPU cooler in following URL:

http://www.amd.com/gb-uk/Processors/ComputingSolutions/0,,30_288_1274_3734^4348^4356,00.html

2. HPT 372 BIOS Version 2.32. The RAID function is for KX7-333R only. This BIOS version is also for non RAID boards and HPT BIOS will be automatically disabled while RAID controller chip not detected.

3. BIOS Compile Date: 8/22/2002

Hey forget that man get your self a 2100 and have some fun this board rocks for a KT333 I can get higher and I have done but I don't wish that on my AGP/PCI bus for extended periods so I run @ 2.4GHz :)

What is your board revision? If you don't know were to look it is usually at the back of the MoBo so you will have to take it out of the case to find out.

I have a KX7333 v1.0...I have a 672MHz o/c yeah and whats this not being able to use the 13 multi with this version?... that was suppose be the only bug I know of for the KX7333 other than 6/1 divider lmfao. :)
Just have some good RAM, AGP etc ;)

R

rangi said:
I have a KX7333 v1.0...I have a 672MHz o/c yeah and whats this not being able to use the 13 multi with this version?... that was suppose be the only bug I know of for the KX7333 other than 6/1 divider lmfao. :)
Just have some good RAM, AGP etc ;)

R

I was asking scg not you as he is the thread starter. There was no divider issue with the KX7333|R as you mentioned.

Back