• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water in phase change?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnnyw

Does a phase change system need water? I mean a reservoir with water... could someone explain with graphics what has to be attached to what ( compressor to so and such and the function of the " " is such)

Ya you could make a phase change water chiller... some people just tear out the components from a fridge and submerge the cooling coils in a resevoir bucket basically. You might need some way to control the temperature of the water however depending on the strength of your compressor. And some people just put a heat exchanger inside of their fridge too I guess.

Last edited:
But MUCH harder to achieve for a beginner....

johnnyw .. I would recommend that you start with a chiller. Learn about phase change systems, insulation, etc etc.

Once you have this done, then start thing about a direct die system.

I know it is off topic but I had a car accident on easter........ I have now 2 titanium bars in my back and 6 screws atteched to it....I am lucky to be able to continue in this forums.....

this will be my first phase change design. I am planning to make a water chiller finally . I´ve got an old compressor , what seems to be a radiator and another cylindrical tube which I suppose is the dehumifier. is the refrigernt turn into liquid supposed to be coming out of the dehumidifier?? How can I make this system to chill water instead of transporting liquid so cold.... i mean , where would the reservoir be placed??? How can I "tell" the compressor : "hey , the water is get hotter I´m not on idle".I would not like the compressor to run at 100 % 24/7. I know that this is regulated by a thermostat,but how is it???

how can I upload a picture to show my graphic?

Back