• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SERIOUS HARDWARE PROBLEM! help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darth

I started up my computer and i ddnt get any signal to my moniter, then my pc speaker gave me long continueous beeps. I'm not sure what im missing. it was working fine this morning and for the past few years, except for a bunch of irq_not_less_or_equal crashes (shot mobo?). I isolated my video card, mother board, RAM, and CPU. and it still gives me these beeps and i get no signal to the moniter.

ok right now im considering these posibilities:

shot AGP slot (i sure as hell hope not, cuz that means i will need a new mobo and video card)

shot video card

CPU overheat/malfunction (doubt it, i have a good copper cooler and a low O/C)

dead RAM (doubt it, good quality but will check some more)

shot powersupply (all fans spin up, all the lights are fine doubt it is this one too)

Motherboard/BIOS (all the lights seem to be good, cd rom drives spin up...)

Is there anything im forgetting? Prior to this problem i havent been doing ANYTHING to my computer like hardware/tweaking etc. I tried this with my HDD connected and disconnected but neither gave me a different beep pattern. I took out all my PCI cards and i got the same thing, i will try a different video card but i gotta be careful about that agp slot and i gotta check if its burntout. should i try a different vid card? my specs are in my sig. can anybody help?

-Darth
:cry:

i actually had this issue with my 8KHA+
after a few months of not using it i droped it into a spare setup and started troublshooting it.
turns out the PS2 port for my mouse was on the verg of dieing.
i replaced my PS2 mouse with a USB. haven't had the problem since.

BEEPS

i have just dug my A7S333 manuel out,for this board it says :quote:eek:ne short beep when displaying logo: answer:no error during post.

Long beeps in an endless loop:answer:no dram installed or detected.

One long bleep followed by three short beeps:answer:video card not found or video card memory bad.

High frequency beeps when system is working:answer:CPU overheated:system running at lower frequency.

hope this might help you or you could try
www.asus.com
fax +1-510-608-4555

Last edited:
Try clearing the cmos...a lil jumper on the mobo if not prob. your video card...and ive done this once....make sure the moniter is plugged in all the way! lol! i did it and the next day i was like wait a minute...

Back