• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X deluxe problems. HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
I need some input form any of you that have an A7N8X Deluxe, and are running SATA raid, with the dual channel DDR enabled. Here's the situation. I have 2 boards at work that are doing the same thing as soon as I put in two sticks of memory with the SATA. Windows gives me a "Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.". The system runs perfectly with only one stick of memory in, or with IDE drives. As soon as it's switched to SATA raid, and the dual DDR (two matched sticks of memory), it craps out. I've tried 3 different sets of memory, upgrading the PSU to a 430w Antec True Power, flashing the bios back and forth, fresh installs, etc... Same thing happens. Even trying to boot in DOS, the system hangs when trying to detect the CDROM. I'm at my wits end with this thing. Feel free to suggest anything no matter how small, or how stupid it may seem. I may have overlooked something simple, or something I didn't know or read in the manual.

System Specs. (as it is on my workbench)
- Asus A7N8X Deluxe (third board, same problem)
- Athlon XP 2000+ OEM
- 2 X 512 DDR 333mhz Crucial (Kingston, Azen, going to try Kingston Hyper-X tomorrow, but I don't think that's the problem)
- 2 X Seagate Barracuda 80Gig SATA drives (tried different combinations of 3 drives)
- Antec True Power 430W
- LG 52/24/52 CDRW (previously had a Liteon 48/24/48)
- Forsa MX-440 64 Meg
- Sony 1.44 floppy drive

I really need help here guys. I can't even think straight when I look at this thing anymore.

Back