• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.85 vdd and still no 200 fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

ive tryed everything, temps and volts are all fine i can boot up at 220 fsb duel chanel, but im not stable at anything over 195 fsb no matter what memory timmings i run. if i try in singel channel i get worse results. i run the ram in my bros pc and i can run 225 5-2-2-2 duelchanel fine. when i say not stable i mean REBOOTS GALORE! all my specs are in the sig.
this really upsets me ASUS will nolonger get any $ from me ever again. and i cant RMA evin know my Firewire dont work for crap, because i lapped the southbridge removing the superglue i used to attach a heatsink. i think im just gona buy a NF7-s 2.0 and toss this pos in the garbage. this is my 3rd board, 1st doa, 2nd volts wint wack, now this :(

sorry to hear but is becoming a matter of being lucky or not, I my asus can do over 200 without any mods, and I have others that don't, so this is the new game, some winners and some losers:(

ya thats how i feel, my old MB was a a2 chip and this 1 is a a3 makes no sence but o well, live and learn i guess

What bios rev are you running? With 1003 I get the same thing, using 1002a all is fine.

Jim

ive tryed both, im on 1003 right now maby i should go back see if it helps

It might be worth a try. Not sure what it doesn't like about 1003, works fine untill I install SP1 for XP. I even installed XP and everything else on on my comp with it, but then nothing but problems after the service pack. No biggie though, 1003 doesn't have anything more than 1002a that I need.

well i just installed 1002a uber and im at 210 7-4-4-2 dc, i ran 3dmark 01 3 times and im runnning prime now, best results ive got yet with this board

well im at 210fbs 6-3-3-2 DC and have bin running prime95 all night no errors, this is realyl strange i tryed the 1002s a week ago and it did nothing to help me, now it does WOOT WOOT

Glad to hear you got it going. My max fsb hit about 213 with my cheapo ram, almost time to get some good stuff. Let us know how it goes.

Jim

well i just played nba 2k3 and it made me reboot, now im down to 195 fsb. 7-4-4-2 just to not get reboots while playing this game its really lame

Does it make a difference if you back down on the multi and keep the fsb up to 200?

nope, anything over 195 fsb reboots while playing any Ea sports games evin know it run prime 95 15 hours no erros

I think i have a similar problem to yours where 195 fsb seems to be the highest i can go no matter high high my core voltage is. I tried everything and no matter what i did i couldn't get it to run stable at 200 fsb. But i think 195 fsb is good enough for me anyway although it would be nice to hit 200 fsb.

Not sure but I have the same issue. Mine happens around 194 though. Unfortunately I think it is the MB.
For the record though I was able to run it at 1.75 stable up to 193. Upping to 1.85 only added heat, no higher results.
Do to heating issues I have found my happy medium in sig.

Maybe when winter comes around again I will up it up to 13x193=2509.

I found it interesting that playing an EA Sports game would make you reboot because the same thing happens to me when i play an EA game. I can run Prime95 all day and night with no errors. I even ran 3DMark2001 in a loop and everything seemed stable. Then i played games like UT2003 or Unreal 2 and things were running smooth. But as soon as i started playing CNC Generals the game would freeze and i would have to reset my computer. It doesn't happen every time but i still don't understand why every other game works fine except for this one. So i increased my chip voltage and i think it solved the problem.

I am @ 1.6v stock VDD.. that sucks dude..
My guess it's the RAM somehow, even though it is really good RAM, seems the CPU is good, you have 1.85v VDD, but the RAM won't pass the APP test :(

My RAM would not pass 197MHz NO matter what, I mean no MATTER what!! I got me a new MB and here I am in 227Mhz land.

Back