• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blown P4PE Fan Taps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ Switch

No more MBM 5 RPM readouts for my case fans. The oddest thing is when I went to try and plug in the RPM readings for the PSU, the front intake fan would stop spinning. The I unplugged the PSU and then situated it all the way back into the tap, and the intake fan just went completely out (the 2 taps are back and back). I'm sitting here convinvced my fan is blown, but I go to plug in a wee lil' 60mm it doesnt spool either. What gives? Is there a electrical component on the mobo I need to replace? :confused:

Main Rig:
Intel P4 2.4 400mhz @ 2.8 470mhz
Asus P4PE
Samsung PC2100 512mb (don't rub it in Crucial 3200 owners)
Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV
Radeon 7000
Thermaltake 7+ (soon to be water chilled)
Antec TrueBlue 480

If I where you, I would disconect the PSU from the mobo like no rpm counter and no powerplug to mobo.
Then set the PSU to run and connect the fans that you are now unsure of to it.
If they start spinning with no problem, I say your mobo has some strange problem.

The funny thing is I have them all running off the PSU and they all work fine. I switched the power off of the PSU several times and the fans still wont run off the mobo. I may try unhooking the PSU from it, and hitting the power button to clear all the capacitors and then plug it back in and try it. Yes i think my mobo is strange as well. :p

Kyle

Make a fanbus for the fans. I only have the CPU fan connected to the P4PE..... If the fan headers are gone, it isn't uncommon. I have seen this before on a few Abit boards.

Back