• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's Up with this SATA & NF7-S...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DiaperGravy

For some Odd reason I have tried EVERYTHING the manual says, I have turned on the SATA in the BIOS, I have tried using "NO" jumpers on my WD80JB'S I have the power and ribbons hooked up correct... But nomatter what I do damnit... this Board WILL NOT!!!! find any Drives when hooked to the SATA 1 & 2 connectors :mad: what a drag, everything works but this "ONE" thing Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Guess it's time to get a PCI card for my RAID 0 array...

DpGravy

DiaperGravy said:
For some Odd reason I have tried EVERYTHING the manual says, I have turned on the SATA in the BIOS, I have tried using "NO" jumpers on my WD80JB'S I have the power and ribbons hooked up correct... But nomatter what I do damnit... this Board WILL NOT!!!! find any Drives when hooked to the SATA 1 & 2 connectors :mad: what a drag, everything works but this "ONE" thing Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Guess it's time to get a PCI card for my RAID 0 array...

DpGravy

Take a look at the HighPoint 1520 series, pricewatch has a listing for some vendors that sell it for $61.00USD.

xcelerator said:
why do you want to use SATA? it makes ur comp load slower @ start up, doesn't it

The point of using SATA RAID(I've seen your other posts about this) is not to speed up the boot time but to increase HDD performance when working with large files.

Shorten that sig, it is way too long. SIG RULES that you need to read.

xcelerator said:
why do you want to use SATA? it makes ur comp load slower @ start up, doesn't it

Umm not really sure about that, But I have a CDRW which needs to be on it's own "SOLO" channel and a DVD which is on the #2 IDE channel so this only leaves me with the SATA connects, which is okay with me slower or not because I have 2*WD80JB's I need to put back into RAID 0 for MASS storage :D

DpGravy

Take a look at the HighPoint 1520 series, pricewatch has a listing for some vendors that sell it for $61.00USD.

yeah I gave those a look Sonny, but damn man... one would think if these guys are going to make this avail and make Us "PAY" for it :D You would think it should work yaknow? *sigh*
Aye Caramba!

Knew I should Have got the plain old NF7... But On the other hand, I do love the sound Storm 6.1 Surround system... VERY nice! WoooR!!

DpGravy

DiaperGravy said:
one would think if these guys are going to make this avail and make Us "PAY" for it :D You would think it should work yaknow? *sigh*
Aye Caramba!

Don't get me started on the NF2, LOL!!! Yeah it should have worked right out of the box but with relatively new tech I would think the bugs will be there for a while. Well good luck & I hope you guys get it to work:beer:

Even if they never get SATA RAID to work, it still O/Cs like a rocket. I hope eventually we can at least use those two SATA channels as regular EIDE HD ports for mass storage.

i had the same problem with my western digitals JB 80GB. all i did was change the jumpers to cable select or slave not sure from memory. hope this helps.:D

Back