• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BH7 and MBM 5 Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

floben

Registered
I've looked through all of the threads and see that most people are getting high temp readings with the BH7. I've yet to see a definative guide on whice sensors to use to monitor the temps for cpu, case, ect... Any suggestions?????

temps

I was getting ridiculously high readings from the same CPU and cooling on a new BH7 (about 14degrees higher) with squeals from the alarms that I was using on 2 other boards.

Had to turn OFF the alarms - which made me kinda nervous but I know the CPU, what it can do and how much VCore I can safely give. Reading on the ABIT forums, I (and you) are not the only ones with this problem. somehow it seems that many BH7's (I have rev 1.1) had badly calibrated sensors. It was suggested that RMA'ing the board you might get another batch with proper readings. This is what I did. Waiting for the new one.

When you RMA an ABIT board, do you need to send the old one in first? How many people have RMA'd the BH7 and receive a new one with accurate temp readings?

Abit RMA

I can't say how many people got ones that worked correctly - at least 1 that's for sure. I paid for advance RMA (you have to PayPal them $150 which is refundable when they get yours) + $7 service charge that's not. It took a week for them to send another out (I'm hoping it's because they got a new batch) - though when I spoke to someone over there I found out they're sending me the same rev (1.1) I'm also hoping it's a question iof batch rather than revision - I'll find out soon enough.

cya

Gery

Back