• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NO LIFE

I am going to be getting my new abit NF7-s is 1 week and noticed that the cmos reset jumper is bottom right corner, which will be completely cover by the radiator of my water-cooling system. SO if i ever have to reset it I will need to take all the water equipment out before I do so. (I refuse to do that. :p ) Anyway, I was wondering if I could just fashion a sort of switch for the jumper. For example when it is switched on the jumper circuit stays together, however when the switch is off the circuit breaks and resets the cmos, just like a light switch. I know it can be done, I am just not sure how to do it. What switch would I use? Any suggestions would be great.

Ya, it shouldn't be to hard. Just run a wire from each pin and put the jumper on where ever you want to mount it. Or buy a cheap switch and attach it to that. If you want to go with the switch, connect the center pin to the switch and run the other two wires to each end of the switch. Any flip switch should do the job.

NO LIFE said:
I am going to be getting my new abit NF7-s is 1 week and noticed that the cmos reset jumper is bottom right corner, which will be completely cover by the radiator of my water-cooling system. SO if i ever have to reset it I will need to take all the water equipment out before I do so. (I refuse to do that. :p ) Anyway, I was wondering if I could just fashion a sort of switch for the jumper. For example when it is switched on the jumper circuit stays together, however when the switch is off the circuit breaks and resets the cmos, just like a light switch. I know it can be done, I am just not sure how to do it. What switch would I use? Any suggestions would be great.

Yeah, just get a two position switch and wire it to the pins of the CMOS jumper. The center pin of the jumper pins is common to both positions of the jumper so it should be an obvious hookup.

Hammer

Back