• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ 3402 (4/2) BIOS has problem with USB controllers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loki

Registered
be advised: 8RDA+ 3402 (4/2) BIOS has problem with USB controllers

okay, i've been using my new a1/c1 8rda+ for some weeks on the factory default bios of 3305 and had no major problems except for the manual mac address for the onboard nic needed. i flashed it to the new 3402 days ago and started having problems with my MS intelli ex 3.0 usb mouse. it started turning off (no IR scanner) frequently and did damage to a lot of CS scrims ive had. i tried other ports including the external usb mounts, same result. i knew it wasnt my intelliex3.0, so i thought something was wrong with the onboard usb controller. i plugged in my pci usb card, the same result. guess not.

now, by playing around with my system, i discovered that this was a lot more frequent when there was more network activity present (ie. HLSW server realtime moniter doing constant pings). thinking back, the 3402 changelog said it fixed the onboard realtek mac address problem. i suspected this might have to do with the prob, just flashed back to old 3305 and voila, smooth as fking hell.

just wanted to drop a tip if anyone was having a problem with this by any wild chance.

actually, i was being a dumb biatch. it doesnt work and constantly still giving me problems. hmm :/

i know its not the mouse, bc when it screws up it says the usb bus is having problems in hardware manager. using xp pro btw.

Back