• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need last minute advice before starting my NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Well I've got it all wired up and ready to go.

The Vantec CPU heatsink was very easy to install. Lots of spring pressure holding it down without crushing the die. I used the articsilver2 as that's what I have. I reseated the stock NB cooler with as2 also.

It all went together without a hitch.

Do I need to disable the advanced power management in the bios as all my OS have that anyway. I heard that PM can limit your OC.

I'm going to go with 98se/w2kpro/server 2003/Linux/Unix on the HD.

Any of these OS cause a 50% O/C problem with this Abit mobo?

I'm not running any OS off the SATA bus but I'll add two more data HDs through it later. I have a driver floppy from abit that has multiple M$ OS sata drivers. Don't know about Nix.

TIA,

Last edited:
Well I just fired it up and the only mistake I made other than buying a sony floppy drive was plugging its cable in upside down. No biggie, just reversed it and installed ME & w2kpro. That sony sounds like a small saw when it runs. I'm going to call Excaliber and see if this can be remedied. Other than that this thing ROCKS and is faster than anything I've ever seen. I had both OS installed in less than 20 minutes each. Everything is a stock volts and speed until I get all my OS installed and tweaked. Server 2003 and Linux are left. So far my temps are steady at 24c and 39c.

Back