• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to go beyond 1.75V on A7N8X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thrashertm

Registered
Hey guys, sorry, this is a repost because I put this in the wrong area last time.

I have been trying to overclock a Tbred 1700+ on an A7N8X deluxe, but it seems that the highest I can get is 1764mhz, 10.5 x 169, using the maximum voltage, 1.75

How can I get more voltage? I've got the latest official bios, and I tried the Uber bios
( http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8779 )

but neither one gives me more voltage. I see people on the overclockers database are getting 2+ volts on their A7N8X, are these all modded boards?

I'm not going to get out the soldering iron to mod this for more voltage. Perhaps I'll give this board to someone else and get myself an 8rda+? What do you think?

Finally, I'm wondering how I should set my RAM to improve the overclocking sitation. I have Kingston HyperX PC3000 cl2, is it easier to o/c with cl2 set in the BIOS or running at cl3?

Thanks

Yes, they're modded boards. What you may want to consider doing is modding your chip's L11 bridges to change the default voltage which will in turn raise the max voltage available on the board to 1.85. To do this, you'll want to have your L11s set up like this:

C/O/C/C/C

Where C=Closed and O=Open

I went from an A7N8X Deluxe to an 8RDA+ and I haven't regretted it. The 8RDA+ is much more overclocker-friendly.

You probably won't want to run CL3 as you'll take a massive performance hit not to mention the RAM may not even run (at least that's what happens to Corsair sticks when people try to run CL3).

~THT

Back