• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody running an FIC AD11 with an XP processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

I have an AMD 1.2 gig on an FICad11. Reading through boards from FIC I see that the ver2 board can run the XP processors. I cant find the PCB version on my board.

I do have a 133 multiplier in the bios. If you are running an XP processor please post here.

thanks

I used to have one. It wont take any thoroughbreds, I believe it only takes XP palominos up to 1900+. I used a 1.4 tbird in mine... anyway i think u can use a 1900+ in it, but i would buy a new mobo if i were u.

I have 2 old fic boards still running, one is a ad11 with a xp 1600 and the other is a az11e with a xp1800.
Both are getting pretty old but still work great for lan games/crunching.

I finally got a reply as to where I could find the PCB version of my board. I have 1.2 which will only do athlons. you must have 1.2a which will do the XP's. Sucks to be me. guess I'll just have to buy a new MB :)

After I responded earlier I popped open the AD11 box, I cant find the board version to save my life :)
I know it wouldnt run an XP without a bios update though.

the PCB version is located in the bottom corner next to the PCI slot, right on the edge of the board. 1.2=noXP 1.2a=XP with bios upgrade.

Back