• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help with pelts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nimrod0031

ok right now I'm running a 2.53p4 @ 3.3ghz watercooled with an lrs120rad and shroud.

I get temps of 35c full load @ 1.75vcore. I was wondering if I put a swiftech block with a pelt on my gpu after the cpu block would it still perform well or will the water coming from my cpu be too hot to do any good?

right now it runs pump-cpu-res-rad

the only think that will happen is that the flowrate will be really slow because those gpu blocks are very restrictive. It should work just fine but you should think about putting a Y spliter after the pump, so one outlet of the Y will branch out to the cpu and other to the gpu, that should help your flowrates stay normal.

Hey dude, i just set up my w/cing today and it consists of a swiftech mcw462-uht, via aqua 1300, 92 camaro heater core, 3/8" ID hose and a dedicated raidmax 500w psu for the tec and I got temps of -3 C reported from mbm5 and showing about 5C on my digidoc. The water is warm that is circulating but it's not bad. i love this setup. It's my first experience w/ watercooling.

no OC, haven't really tried. I only have a crappy 1600, I had a 2100 I had running at 2.5 air cooled but it's no longer w/ us :(. Anyway, I might be leaving for basic training soon (depending on if I sign or not) and if I do I'm just going to wait till I get back and I'll upgrade all my stuff. Otherwise a 2500 might be coming soon.

you say you have a 500w cpu for the tecs. Did you load up your 5v rail to keep it balanced or just run it only with the tecs?

I have an extra 420w lying around here. I know if I decide to put one on my cpu and my gpu I will need more than my 480w antec that I have now.

I have a 600w generic PSU running my 156w peltier in my watercooling setup, no problems here...

Back