• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What motherboard to use with P4 2.8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tugmaster666

Registered
I have recently purchased a P4 2.8 cpu as i am building a new system. I am unsure as to which motherboard and ram to go for?
Money is no object (at the moment).
Any advise on what i could do would be much appreciated...

[email protected]

Me personally would get the Asus P4C800 DELUXE. THe reasoning for that is that you would be able to upgrade the cpu to 800mhz instead of just getting a 533mhz board and then having to buy a new board along with a new cpu and taking everything apart then puttting back in blah blah. well thats my 2 cents heh.

ok thanks for you reply, what do you think about the gigabyte Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394 , a friend said they are very good boards. but i see what you mean about upgrade possibilties

tug

I haven't ever messed with gagabyte. I always go with asus they have been good to me. But it looks like a good board.

By far, the best mobo available right now is the new Abit IC7-G Max2, it's the new dual channel DDR mobo using the Canterwood chipset. You'll see dozens of threads about this mobo on the forum, just look around.

Back