• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone please help me find IC7-G!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kafka

Registered
Hi guys, im looking to buy a ic7-g with the giga lan and cant find one. preferably ABIT if possible. last i checked googlegear didnt have any newegg had a may 1st ETA. thank you )

Im in florida :( Need a USA seller, thanks tho. ive checked all over they all either sold out or have ETA of may.

Im after one of these boards my self, but i have a few issues i have to get over b4 i order mine.

let me know how you get on mate will be good to get a bit of feedback on how you got on.

tug

damn they are all either sold out or backordered. guess ill just have to wait :X maybe atleast this means they are good :)

hey there, yea im a newb. never built a pc before this will be my 1st. I read an article that said when u boot the system it actually gives you the option of overclocking it by 4% without adjusting any settings. sounds kinda like Ocing for dummies which sounds good to me :) Think I could OC it with this 4% thing safely with the heatsink that comes with the 3.0 p4 or should I buy a new heatsink? still cant find this mobo anywhere grr.

I figured id buy the mobo first, read the manual and stuff then begin ordering all the pieces. this is my 4th forum ive signed up for looking for tech help, usually dont get many responses tho.

I sincerely doubt you would have any problems overclocking it 4% unless you have really restricted memory or something else. The stock heatsink should be fine.

sweet. im getting some real nice dual ddr400 cosair 3200, im pretty excited about the setup!

heh finally found one for sale and bought it and turns out my ram isnt compatible unless i change some settings. any suggestions for another ram, money is no object just want the best, 1 gig

Memory

Four 184-pin DIMM sockets
Supports 4 DIMM Single/Dual Channel DDR 400 memory (Max. 4GB).
Supports configurable ECC function

Does this mean the motherboard only supports DDR400? It cannot support the newer 3700 466 mhz stuff? Was considering this but dunno if its compatible.http://store.yahoo.com/pcmemory-stores/duchddpc512.html

Ive just ordered my ic7-g with corsair 3200, im hoping that its compatable lol.

any suggestions for a good graphics card which is cheap for the time being.... i only play cs.....

good luck with the build kafka, keep us posted how your getting on...

tug

the latency timing thing on the corsair isnt supposed to work, like 2-2-2-6 i think, supposed to be 2-3-3. youd better make sure tho. I cant figure out if ddr466 works with the ic7-g which is ddr400 compatible, i already ordered the motherboard so if nobody can tell me sometime soon ill just get some ddr400 stuff i guess

There are issues with IC7. I would wait til they get it sorted if I'm buying the board. :)

checkout forums.abit-usa.com

Back